Sunday 24 May 2015

The Drop - Michael Connelly (A book set in a different country)



I did mess up with this book as I saw it in the library and thought it was a book that the film The Drop was based on. I got very excited and thought that I could put it in the book that became a movie section, so without really looking at the blurb on the back I tucked it under my arm and headed to the check out desk (via the dvd section).

It was only after I got part way through chapter three that I started thinking 'This isn't at all like the film that I saw the trailers for.' so did a little research and found out my error.

Anyway this was my first Harry Bosch book, though obviously not his! It was an enjoyable and easy read. A slightly complicated 'who dunnit' with Harry being a grumpy, seen it all before cop who now works on cold cases. New DNA found at a crime scene implicates a guy who would have been 8 years old at the time of the original crime. The case has several twists and turns but they are fluid and believable.

I probably wouldn't rush to read more Harry Bosch books as my favourite grumpy policeman called Harry is actually Harry Hole and I can only follow so many grumpy police detectives in one lifetime.

Then I had the problem of deciding which category (if any) this book fitted into and so by default it went into the book set in another country category as it is set in the U.S. Not exactly a glamorous location compared to some of the others I have been reading but it will do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment