Sunday 22 March 2015

Welcome




Back in December I came upon this pin on Pinterest and thought it might possibly be a fun idea to take up a different type of challenge for the New Year.
Me being me, I mulled it over for a while before deciding to go for it. Me being me, it has also taken until the end of March to decide to write up about each book I read! I have found some books really interesting and others I wish I hadn't wasted time on. Some books were originally in one category and then have been placed in another.
Though I have read several books already, I will try and write about them in the order I read them, so it will take several posts until I catch up with myself - so please bear with me.

The basic premise is to read 52 books in a year one from each of the categories, which sounds tough going but then one of the categories is read a trilogy, so 54 it is then. The good news is that another category is 'a book that can be read in one day'. Not so bad!

I know that some of the categories will be strange for me - scfi, a book with nonhuman characters and a comic strip book but I realize that the idea is to get you reading different things. However am puzzled by 'a book that scares you'. Will need to think on that.

The challenge was set by the website Popsugar and feels American as it asks for a book set in high school, but also find it strange that a book originally written in a foreign language is included as many books I read fall into that category. however, as stated the idea is to get you reading different books than normal. In the spirit of this I am also trying to source as many books as possible locally (which will be interesting) using book fairs, exchanges and charity bookshops, though a few may have to be ordered from the online bookshop run by one breasted female warriors.

After a conference via Facebook another friend of mine has taken up the challenge and we have agreed to no double-ups ie one book fulfilling several different categories.

So let the reading commence...

No comments:

Post a Comment